Friday, May 1, 2009

Plagiarism

I'm getting tired of plagiarism in all it's forms. Including:

  • Quotes in your facebook status that aren't cited. I never know if someone had an intellectual epiphany or if they are just ripping someone else off.
  • Sermons or lessons that are 90% inspired by a book or a sermon from someone else but the source is never cited.
  • People who quote radio talk show hosts and pass it off as if it was original. Just a hint, if there's like 40 million people listening to the same show you are, someone is bound to catch you.

I know there's tons of other instances of this. What can you all think of?

There's even an entire website devoted to this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guilty of forgetting to cite sources on my blog sometimes. Sometimes I mean to and don't footnote appropriately. I try to just put it in when I'm typing, but sometimes I forget. But I know what you mean. Lots of people hear things and then think "wow that's cool" then can't remember if they heard it somewhere or if they were smart enough to think of it as their own. Usually not though.

    ReplyDelete